happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'm back!

I had a good time in California. It was so rainy, yuck, but it was like 60 degrees, which beats Missouri's 30's anyday. I visited Marnie and Jason, and Parker did not come out, stubborn little fella. Her due date is March 10th, so I told her I hope she goes full term now, since I missed him. She is so ready to have that baby, and be off bed rest. I did come home with lots of candles. Visiting the Fresno area was wierd, I was nostalgic, even though I didn't really even like it when I was there. Not sure what it was that I was missing.

Marnie and Jason were my saving grace though while I was in school there, invited me to everything, to their family gatherings, the coast, the bars, and to the mall. I would have never graduated without Marnie and Jason, I would have come home. The first night in Fresno by myself, the power went out, and I sat in my apartment with the door open because it was so hot. All I could hear was other students playing and partying out by the pool, but I couldn't go out there, I was scared to death. What a sad evening. The next day, after advice from Christy to go to the pool, I met Marnie. Once she found out I had never been to the mall, she was my instant Fresno friend. She won't let my post any pictures, she barely let me take any pictures. She's lucky I love her, because I have some really beautiful pregnant pictures I could share with all of you.

The wine judging was fun, maybe too much fun. I tasted Cab Franc, and Syrah, and some Chardonnay, and some Generic Proprietary Red, which means any red blend that isn't a Bordeaux (in CA they call it Meritage) blend. The sweepstakes winner was a Meritage blend from Trentadue, La Storia 2002 Alexander Valley. YUM! Overall, I think I tasted about 200 wines, and that for me constitutes a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home