happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

So Much To Say

I have so much to tell you about our trip, I'm not sure where to begin. I think I will just tell little funny stories here and there, some I'm still remembering.

One of the funniest parts of the trip was when John and I taught Susanne, Dietmar (Susanne's husband) and Ron (our friend from CA) about "Deez Nuts." For those of you who do not know about "Deez Nuts" you need to listen to more Dr. Dre specifically the Chronic cd. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog have a part on the cd where they call a girl, and say, "Hey did those guys get a hold of you," and she asks, "Who?" and they said, "Deez Nuts." You have to drag out the "Deez Nuts" and say it in a high pitch. John and his friends think it's the funniest joke ever, time and again, year after year. There's variations where you put it in songs, like instead of singing, "I want to hold your hand," you sing, "I want to hold deez nuts." So, we taught it to the Germans. It's very funny because of their accent. At the wedding reception, Susanne asked her sister in law, Haike, if "those guys called you?" Haike said, "Who?" and Susanne said, "Deez Nuts. " That was awesome. Susanne is friends with a girl from Conneticut who lives in Germany now and married a German guy. She said she hadn't heard that joke since 1995. I told her it's not a retro joke in our house, John never stopped doing it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home