happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

I think it's good to make goals. I took a Self- Defense Class at Mizzou, and I learned a fair amount of self defense, but the teacher also made us make semester goals, and then at the end we had to fess up if we made our goal. She said we should make goals all the time, not just at the beginning of the year. I thought it was a good point.

1. Watch more T.V.- I'm hoping we're going to get cable or satellite or digital soon, so think of all the shows I'm currently missing...Rachael Ray, Trading Spaces, MTV- I can't wait.

2. Gain 20 or 40 pounds. I've only gained 15 pounds since high school, so I think I need to boost it up a bit.

3. Sweat the small stuff.

4. Drink more. Even though my family owns a winery, and other family members work at Anheuser-Busch, I know I'm not getting my glass of red wine a day.

5. Be more objective. I went to school with a guy in Fresno who was first a psychology major, then turned enology major. He was constantly analyzing us, which was ALWAYS fun. =) He told me one time that I should be more objective, and not take things so personally, and I shouldn't be so passionate, and I that I shouldn't get excited about every decision made around me. I think I finally see his point of view, and I will strive to be less passionate.

6. Give Lesa a harder time. I really think I've been too easy on her. She's going to turn into Cruella DeVille any day now, and I shouldn't let my guard down.

7. Try to stay in Missouri all year. In this post 9-11 time, I need to stay closer to home. I can't be roaming all over God's creation. I can't believe my cousin is asking me to go to Florida in March. I mean if it was Potosi or Kingdom City I would really be more excited.

8. Move to Ste. Genevieve. Let's face it, my life is too simple now. I need a place to live where I can't walk to the grocery store, or Starbucks, or the library or a wine bar or eat sushi or Blockbuster. I need to live somewhere where they don't like people of a different color or race or homosexuals. I need to live someplace where the locals aren't too open minded, where I have to drive an hour to the mall, and buy all my clothes at Wal-Mart. Actually shopping at Wal-Mart will go along with resolution #2. I need to live someplace where they don't like music or broadway shows, or anything different at all. Being different is so overrated. I need to live someplace where my kids will try really hard to be like all the other narrow-minded, sports loving, culture hating kids, and they all misuse the word "seen" and the town's favorite color is camouflage.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that is toooo damned funny!!!!
    Good job and Happy New Year!!!!!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it open minded to condemn an entire town for not being open minded? Wouldn't that make you closed minded? Hmm.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    I am an expert on the unaccepting qualities of Ste. Gen. Experienced it first hand. There are A LOT of nice people there. There are a few open minded people there.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya Boo-Boo. I still think that is tooo damned funny!!
    Hope you had a great new year.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 9:10 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    I'm glad at least my brother can appreciate my sense of humor. =)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    I believe in you...I know you can accomplish all of these things.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya know I was at Wal-Mart today, the 30 extra pounds, bad attitude, rude, crude...Oh and that's just the employees...I would much rather eat worms in a dark root cellar than go to Wal-Mart...But Wal-Mart does have one redeeming value. If I'm ever feeling bad about my lot in life, all I have to do is go to Wal-Mart for five minutes, hell sometime just being in the parking lot is a big boost to the ego, just knowing how bad things could be.

    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 11:35 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Fuck! I forgot that one.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!
    I forgot that one as well.
    How in the hell could I have forgotten that
    SHIT!!!!!!!!!

    Choo-Choo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home