happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wine Tasting Party

Last night we finally got around to tasting some of the Rieslings we brought back from Germany. We have been talking about hosting this tasting since we got back, and never could quite get it organized until now. After the Rieslings, we tasted Cabernet Sauvignons. The Riesling that we all thought was the best was from Susanne's family's winery, Laicher. The Cabernet that won was Two Buck Chuck. I wasn't surprised it won, it's a really good, cheap wine. Then we had a homemade Port from one of the guys I worked with at Ferrari Carano. It's interesting when I think of a homemade wine I think of Concord, or Blackberry, but in California, the homemade wine is really great port.

I'm pretty sure I morph into wine-know-it-all, telling everyone how to taste the wine, or talking like an expert on Riedel glasses. How annoying. I'm pretty sure John's mission of the night was to make me think I was going crazy. We had two candles side by side, and everytime I would pass them, one would be out. So, I would light it again, and then the next time the other candle would be out. I thought I was losing my head until later in the evening Sara said she saw John blow one out.

The best part of the evening was getting to hang out with Baby Charles. Sara and Chuck brought him a long, and he's just so cute. He let me hold him a long time. And, he likes red wine better than white wine. Smart kid.

Maybe next time we'll do a beer tasting, and throw one of John's beer in the mix.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home