happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

5 Wednesdays and 5 Out of Town Visitors

In between all the work on the floors, we have seen lots of out of town friends. In fact, this is the first Wednesday in 5 weeks that we have not hosted someone.

On the first week Mike came to town and he and John went to a Cardinals game, and then Mike spent the night and guest conducted the Muny Band on Thursday night before heading back to Columbia. He did a terrific job, and he got a good plug in for Mizzou. I think it was the first time I had ever been directed by Mike.

The next week we met John's cousin Rick Smith and his wife and four children at Kriegers for dinner while they were vacationing in St. Louis from Toledo, Ohio. It was a very nice visit, I first met them at the funeral we went to in Ohio in April, so it was very nice to get to know John's family better.

The week after that, my cousin Heather, and her son Gabriel came in from Florida and we had dinner at her mom's house and we had a great visit. Gabriel is running everywhere, babbling, and saying a few words. I'm sure he's mastered the entire language and moved on to French or Spanish by now. He seems to be very active, and intelligent, and keeping Heather, who is again pregnant, very tired I'm sure. Whew!

The fourth week brought a friend from far, far away. Marnie's mom, Annette came from California to visit her boyfriend's son's family in Branson and made a special trip to see me and meet John in St. Louis. The weather was perfect (so far away from this smeltering heat today) and we sat outside at McGurks and had a delightful evening. The next day they came to the farm and then to the winery and I showed them all around. So good to see her, she is so sweet to me.

Then, last Wednesday, Seth came to visit from Kansas City and practice and perform with the Muny Band his trombone solo, Bride of the Waves. It was a fantastic song; the band could barely keep up with him. Everyone in Ste. Genevieve was surely impressed.

So, here we sit, kind of lonely and our house seems kind of empty tonight. Anyone want to come over?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    Wow, that was five weeks ago? This summer is going by fast.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, July 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you guys were going out of town this week. If I would have had my dates right, I should've been sweating my ass off last night too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home