happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blogroll

A blogroll is a list of friends that you have that have blogs, or blogs that you look at very regularly. It is usually found on the side of the blog, near the archive list or somewhere around there. I don't have a blogroll on this blog, the template didn't come with one, but if I did have one, this would be it.

Chuck is a great friend, and is married to my oldest friend, Sara. Chuck is an amazing artist, and you can see some of his work on his blog (notice his great example of a blogroll on the right.) He is a storyboard artist, and has worked on shows like Batman, Dilbert, Scooby-Doo, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He also our designated artist for all our new labels at the winery. He doesn't update his blog very often, but when he does it is spectacular.

Katie and her husband, Clyde, own and run the Peaceful Bend Winery in Steeleville, Missouri. I have known Katie for many years, but am only recently getting to know her better through her blog. She is a wonderful photographer and a fellow scrapbooker.


Loobylu I don't really know Clare, the girl who blogs at loobylu, but I do look at her blog a lot. She lives in Australia, and sews a lot, especially little dolls. I find it interesting to see what the other side of the globe is doing, and her sewing talents inspire me to get off my butt and do something.

I told you a couple months ago about Farm Girl. She lives in rural Missouri, moved there from California and she raises sheep, and has an excellent garden, and develops recipes. She is really into living in Missouri, which is refreshing because I know I take it for granted sometimes.

Dooce is by far the funniest blog I view. Her name is Heather and she lives in Salt Lake City and she has the greatest stories about her daughter, her husband, her dog, and about being an ex-Mormon. Heather has the most famous blog I look at, she even gets flown to New York City to be on CNN.

Then there's Huffmania I'm not even sure if I know the girls' name on Huffmania, but I do know she lives in Kansas City, and has three beautiful children, and she is also very crafty. She is an excellent seamstress, and can whip up a homemade present in no time flat. She's also into cooking and baking and shoes, and she's an archeologist. Who doesn't like all that?

One of the most fascinating blogs I read is Wine Terroirs His most recent post is about deer hunting in France; really phenomenal to see how they do it over there. His photographs are superb, and he gets to tour so many tiny wineries around France, and do barrel tastings. I so want to be this guy!

A friend from college, Robin, adopted a little boy from the Ukraine and writes a blog about going to get him, and how he is adjusting to life in St. Louis. She has a daughter of her own, and I think it's really great that she is saving this boy from being family-less; very honorable.

I'm sure there are a few more, can't seem to think of them right now. Check back in a couple days for a blogroll update.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Charles Drost said…

    Thanks for calling my blog spectacular!

    I actually figured out how to do a blog roll (I had no idea it was called a blog roll until i read your post)by copying one of my friends who had done it on their site already. Just takes a small bit of html coding in your blogs setup. I can help you do it sometime if you want one...

     
  • At 10:41 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Chuck, I think I could figure it out if I wanted. I have stole html from other people's blogs before. I think I like not having one, but if I change my mind, I'll let you know. I do need some help figuring out photoshop, though, if you are offering your services.

    Sara, I was trying to think of the right terminology there. I originally had the word "longest" but I think only a guy would be proud of being my longest friend. In my blogroll update I'll probably include your blog, although you don't update very often, I still check it and think it's cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home