happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

You Are A Huge Nerd

This video is one of the funniest things on the internet, and probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen. It never gets old. John and I quote it quite often. This is the first and only thing I have seen Triumph the Insult Dog in, but I love it. Matt, you would also love it. Anyway, I'm bringing it up because today I did what John (and I) would consider a pretty nerdy thing. I talked on the Martha Stewart Station on Sirius Satellite Radio to Gary Vaynerchuk. Two of my favorite things wrapped up in one. My head almost exploded.

I have an ongoing discussion; disagreement, about corks, or the smelling of. I had dinner last fall with some wine people and one of the ladies said she could smell cork taint by smelling the cork, which I thought was absurd. I was never taught to smell the cork, in fact, I was taught that smelling the cork was useless. So, I disputed that she couldn't smell cork taint on the cork, and then someone else at the table agreed with her. I couldn't believe it. Ever since that fateful night, I have been obsessed with the cork smelling debate. So, today on the radio, I asked Gary Vaynerchuk what he thought, and I didn't tell him what I thought first, and he agreed with me, that smelling the cork is part of wine snobbery and is "phoney baloney."

I'll be the first to back down if I'm not 100% sure about something, but when I am sure and not believed, I beat the topic like a dead horse. I should probably put this discussion away now, because, you see, I won ...but I won't. Next time you want to get me all fired up, smell the cork. I dare you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why are you smelling taints and why are you soooo obsessed with the smelling of taints? Cork taints that is.LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home