happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Give Us This Day Our Parisian Daily Bread

>




I tried another one of Farmgirl's bread recipes over the weekend; the Parisian Daily Bread: A Four Hour Baguette. This is how I entertained myself while John read the book. Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty as hers, but they were tasty; I highly recommend the recipe. We sat down Sunday night to one of our favorite dinners ever, bread and roasted garlic; a head for each of us of course. I'm not quite sure if there are too many people out there that like garlic as much as we do.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, July 26, 2007, Blogger Natalie said…

    I need to have a garden of garlic for the amount that is consumed in my house. Good to know we aren't the only ones. ;)

    -Natalie (Texas)

     
  • At 11:23 PM, July 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i agree. you know you like garlic too much when you go to bed everynight RIGHT AFTER brushing your teeth & washing your face & your husband says you still smell like garlic. now that's hell on the ol' sex life...

    becky

     
  • At 12:22 AM, July 27, 2007, Blogger Natalie said…

    My problem is my husband is reeking of garlic and I still want to . . . wait, is that TMI???

    Sorry, everyone.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, July 27, 2007, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said…

    Hi Laney,
    Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. It's always nice to hear from you. Your baguettes look wonderful, and that dinner is right up my alley, as I adore roasted garlic. : ) Yours looks perfect--I can practically smoosh out and taste the cloves from here. How do you make it?

    Best to you,
    Susan

    P.S. I hope you'll leave a comment at my Parisian Daily Bread post at AYearInBread.com with a link to this post so other bakers can see your lovely baguettes.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, August 01, 2007, Blogger happylaney said…

    I just chop off the top part of the head of garlic, put some olive oil and salt on it, cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the over at 400 for 1 hour, 40 minutes minimum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home