happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Not-Slimy

I met Russ Carnahan on Sunday. He is our federal senator, meaning he represents MO in Washington D.C. I was not looking forward to the visit. I think all politicians are slimy. I think they are all the exact same gross person, just in a different suit, and representing a different area. There are a few exceptions, including local politicians, they seem more down to earth, and my friend Bart who ran for state rep a few years ago, Harry Kennedy and now Russ Carnahan. I was pleasantly surprised. He came to Ste. Genevieve for a book signing at the Museum, and he asked to visit the winery, so I met him there. We drank wine, chatted, he seemed very personable, and genuine, and interested in what I was saying. He gave me his card, and said to contact him if I ever needed. I know I won't need to, but I thought it was a very nice gesture. I think I will send him a thank you letter on winery letterhead, to thank him for being so nice, and to remind him who I am. I did not expect to be impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home