happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Gifts From Ex-Boyfriends

Lesa's brother's wife, Barbara, recently visited a winery in North Carolina that one of her friends owns. At that winery, Shelton Vineyards, she met Mathew, who is the winemaker. In their conversation he found out that she was from Missouri, and asked if she knew me. Then he sent 3 bottles of wine with her for me. She said he had no problem charging her for wine, but sent 3 bottles to me free. We opened the Cab last night, it was very nice. John even drank some, which I didn't think he would.

Thinking back on those Fresno times...Mathew and I were off and on more than two people should have been allowed to be off and on. He was the one guy in the program that dressed anything like I was used to boys dressing. He was from CA, but spent some time in a winery somewhere in New England. He wore big sweater turtlenecks, and jeans, and boots, while all the other boys were wearing black leather jackets and sunglasses. I watch the Real World on MTV, and I am so happy that I was not videotaped 24/7 when I was 22 years old. I made a lot of wrong choices, changed directions, and was very emotional. I feel so grounded now compared to that version of myself. A little while after I graduated, Mathew worked with another girl from our program and asked her for my info. She asked me if that was o.k., and I can clearly remember telling her that Mathew and I had good times and bad times, but the bad outweighed the good, and I'd rather she didn't share it with him. Now when I think about him, I can remember him fondly. Funny how time (or free wine) can heal things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home