happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

One Liners

I had a couple funny things said to me recently, not enough to make an entire post, so I thought I'd put them together for a short post.

While I was in San Bernadino, I had sushi. I went to the restaurant by myself, something I have never done before. I sat at the sushi bar, and the sushi chef was a very funny lady named Teresa (not her real name as she was from Taiwan.) Anyway, the funniest story she told was, "a man came into her restaurant, and said, 'let me see your Yellowtail.' She said, ' I'm flattered, but I don't think you want to see my yellow tail.'"

We bought a new cash register at the winery, and John set it up last weekend. It will keep track of inventory, and scan bar codes, it's really awesome. It works off of Quick Books. While John was on the phone with the company to set it up, they asked him, "Are you the IT guy for the Sainte Genevieve Winery ?" He said, "No, I'm the son-in-law that can turn on a computer."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, April 20, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    "better benefits or improved work enviroment" That's really funny, considering neither exist at the winery. Maybe the new building is an "improved work enviroment." Not sure how the new building would help our IT guy though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home