happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Things You Won't See in Missouri

I'm back. I had a great time. I sat on a panel with Bill from New Zealand who is the winemaker at Paraduxx Winery in Napa, and Etienne, winemaker at Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula. We tasted Sauvignon Blanc for the Kiwi, and Native American, and French Hybrids for me. We also tasted Cabernet Franc, which I tasted at the New World International Wine Competition also. The best wine of the competition, the sweepstakes winner, was the Cabernet Franc that we chose, Kendall Jackson Cabernet Franc 2001 Napa Grand Reserve. According to the website, this wine isn't for sale right now. Hmm...

I mostly went from the judging to the hotel, so I didn't get any spectacular pictures, but I took a few that I found amusing. These are things that I like about CA that MO doesn't have, and never will.

We're brewing the cream ale tonight, will post pictures of that soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home