happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Flogging Molly

One week from today we will be at the Flogging Molly concert. This will be my third time seeing them.

The first time I saw Flogging Molly, or even heard of Flogging Molly was October 17, 2000; my 25th birthday. Sara was in town from L.A., and she knows Bob, the banjo player. It was also 20 days before my mom passed away. She was really sick, and we were all down in the dumps (to put it mildly.) Some of the songs, and lyrics just hit home, and helped me. My favorite song is "The Worst Day Since Yesterday." I had many "worst days since yesterday" at that time. I bought the cd at the concert, and listened to it repeatedly for months.

If you get a chance to check out the website, go to the videos section, and watch "The Likes of You Again." You'll then see why I'm so excited to go. (it's under the "Extras.") The energy and intensity at the concerts blows my mind. The second time I saw Flogging Molly in concert, I invited everyone I knew, and John and I went with Joe and Amanda. (That's why this isn't an open invitation, not like anyone comes to those either.) (Thank God J&A aren't flakes.) We had a good time, but it was so loud, I couldn't hear for days, which isn't so good.

I can hardly wait for next Wednesday, Sally is coming, and Sara and Chuck, and I might even have a pint of Guiness, just like the band.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    While I liked the band, Elaine's comment about the volume rings in my ears......in fact the ringing hasn't stopped since the concert!

    I still remember trying to enjoy the music and at the same time fighting the saying from a t-shirt in the eighties "If it's too loud, you're too old!" After an hour, I realized.....I am too old. I left and literally, my ears rang for 4 - 5 days....I'm not sure my hearing has been the same since.

    Attend at your own risk.....I will be at home (in South County), maybe playing washers.

    Joe

    P.S.: If my non-attendance throws me into the "flake" category, then I'll see you at the concert!!!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, May 20, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    For the record, Joe's hearing wasn't perfect before we went to this concert.

    Also I wanted to say that one of my fantasies is to be the only girl in a band of guys. The violinist in Flogging Molly is really awesome.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, May 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't let her lie to you, Elaine will not drink a pint of Guiness. She might have a sip of mine and then make a funny face, just like she always does.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    Thanks Sara, I did not even see that mistake. And don't think for a second that I am not this excited for John's high school band concert. =) I'm changing it now, so it won't say Thursday anymore. Want to be my editor? It's hard to make no mistakes, and I feel like I look at each post a hundred times. Thursday, by the way is our 4 year anniversary, and Amanda is supposed to be induced, so I AM very excited for Thursday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home