happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Home Alone

John is umping games tonight. Poor guy, it's like 98 degrees out there. =(

I like to be home alone on occassion. I love John's company, and we have been so busy, it's nice to be at home. It would be better if he were here, but I wouldn't be doing the same things. When we are here together, we usually watch t.v. Seems like lately all we do is laundry when we are home, and feed the cats. When I am home alone, I listen to all my favorite music, and usually have a project, like sewing (example A many posts ago about the rhombus pillow.) Tonight my project was Raspberry-Cream Sandwich Cookies and the music was mostly Lyle Lovett. It's a Martha Stewart Magazine recipe, and it's really tasty. It's also a very annoying recipe, exactly how I envision Martha to be. I don't like to be micro-managed, but somehow Martha managed to micro-manage me tonight. I rebelled (as you would expect I would.) I didn't strain the raspberry seeds from the raspberries before I made the cream filling. Take that Martha.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, July 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laney - This is hilarious... you tell Martha how it is. I agree, it's no fun to be micromanaged by a magazine! Throw your own personality in, and a little human error is always a good thing. You should have posted a picture of the finished product, my mouth is watering thinking about them... love, Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home