happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"I'm a Plumber!"

When John and I first starting dating, I had only been working at the winery full time a couple months. One of the days my dad and I spent fixing the plumbing in the basement. I think I pulled on the hose too hard, and the pipe busted. Dad fixed the pipe, and I held the flashlight. I came home and told John on the phone that I was a plumber. I was so excited about my new job, and how everyday was different, and I had a million jobs in this one job. I told him how empowered I felt, and how helping fix the plumbing made me feel independant and I felt like a strong woman. To this day, it's one of our inside jokes. If one of us accomplishes something we've never done before, big or small, we tell each other, "You're a plumber." After Monday, and John's toilet ordeal, it's clear who the real plumber is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home