happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

He's Dear to My Heart

My nephew, Tony, was diagnosed this year with juvenile diabetes. He is handling it well, he's such a trooper. Before his diagnoses, I knew nothing about juvenile diabetes. Now I know that it could happen to anyone, and researchers believe a cure will be found during Tony's lifetime. I am scared to death of shots. Tony does it like no big deal, because he has to. He is so much stronger than me.

On September 25, my sister and her family are participating in the Juvenile Diabetes Reasearch Foundation Walk to Cure Diabetes. She is asking for pledges for their team. Juvenile Diabetes Website If you are interested in donating, please let me know, or let her know. Also, Marshall's is accepting donations at the register for Juvenile Diabetes. I donated $1 on Sunday and put my name on a paper shoe that they will hang in the store.

If you can't give now, I understand. I am glad I have made you a tiny bit more informed, and maybe somewhere down the road, when someone talks about juvenile diabetes, you'll think of Tony.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, August 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Elaine for the support and the sweet words! Please feel free to join us for the JDRF Walk for a Cure. It is September 25 at 9:00 a.m. at Forest Park in St. Louis. If anyone has any questions I can be reached at schoolsout@charter.net Thanks to All!
    Christy (Tony's Mom)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home