happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Party

Saturday night was our annual Halloween Party. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I know I had a good time. John says I was the most drunk person there. Julie brought straws with jack-o-lanterns on them, and we decided it would be a good idea to drink John's pumpkin beer through these straws. Drinking beer through a straw can make you (me) do one or more (all) of the following:

Try to give your sister in law a makeover without even talking about it beforehand. I'm pretty sure I just looked her, grabbed her hand and lead her to the bathroom where I parted her hair on the side, and pushed her bangs to the side. I thought it was brilliant. I can remember telling her, "See, this is how I do my hair, and this is how you should do your hair too." Right. Sorry Sharon.

Make your friend who Irish dances Irish dance for everyone even though she really doesn't want to, then try to imitate the Irish dancing for what John says was way too long. He says 1 minute of watching me try to Irish dance seemed like an eternity. Sorry Sally.

Decide it's a good idea to wear someone else's Batman mask. It didn't match my German outfit at all, and I probably stretched it out, because I couldn't see or talk with it, so I was constantly manuevering the eye and mouth part. Sorry everyone, especially Sally because it was her mask.

Start a blog for your brother at 1 a.m. then forget what you called the blog, or what the password was. Try to show him and your sister in law how to put pictures on their blog by putting pictures on your own blog. Sorry Matt.

When your sister in law has to go home early because the baby is crying, volunteer your friend to drive your brother home without even asking your friend if that's o.k. Sorry Sara.

If your friend has fake braids in, try to tie them under her chin, and when one falls out, just walk away without trying to help her fix her hair. Sorry Sue.

Talk bad about everyone that was invited to the party that didn't come. Not sorry about this one. The only one who gets pardoned is Bart because he called after I was already buzzed and I gave him a hard time, but forgave him over the phone. The rest of you still suck.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BWhahahahahahahahaha......

    Classic!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a great time!! Thank you so much for inviting me and you don't have to be sorry. I thought it was fun except for maybe the Irish dancing part, but it happens quite frequently at parties so don't feel bad. :)

    -Sally

     
  • At 6:49 PM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God I felt like hell Sunday morning, but I had a damned good time!!!!

    Thanks Elaine!!!!!

    Now if i could just rememeber the name of that blog!!!!

    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 9:10 PM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We had a great time at your party and your house was decorated so cute! Thanks for the invite - remember us next year!

    Fred and One Braid (he-he) Dorothy

     
  • At 9:30 PM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We had a great time at your party and your house was decorated so cute! Thanks for the invite - remember us next year!

    Fred and One Braid (he-he) Dorothy

     
  • At 12:19 PM, November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is a PUBLIC apology for not coming. couldn't get a babysitter, brian was out at the strip clubs with a bachelor party. i went to walmart, gave my kid a bath, & watched a really cheesy chic flick. would rather have been with ya'll, but didn't want to call that night & piss you off either, i know how you are!!! :) i could have brought ruthie i guess, but she's not ready to see aunt elaine that drunk (although she would have enjoyed the irish dancing!) becky

     
  • At 8:22 AM, November 03, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    Public apology from Becky and Becky only, accepted. The only way you can truely make it up to me is be there next year. =) It will most probably be on October 28th, 2006. Mark your calendar, I will take no excuses.

    Everyone else, thanks for excusing my drunken debauchery. Amanda, you're up next. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home