happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Anniversary

Today marks one year of this blog. I've had a good time with it so far. I like that this blog is a platform for John and Mike's jokes, just like we are together. I like taking pictures and showing them to you. I counted how many times everyone has been featured in a picture, and decided not to tell you the number because I know John is already annoyed. =) I like this new fandangled way of keeping in touch. I like showing you my personality and LOVE LOVE LOVE your silly comments. =) I also like the fact that there are parts of me that aren't on the blog, stories I didn't share, moments I decided to keep to myself (hard to believe I know.) Most of them I didn't keep to myself, just didn't tell the entire internet.

I hope the blog doesn't start repeating itself. When I write our Christmas letter every year, I start to think we do the same thing evey year at the same time, wine tastings, Cardinals games, Fair St. Louis, etc. I do know this year will differ if only because of Natalie's wedding in March. I would like to learn how to show you videos I've taken from my camera. I asked a girl on another blog, and she explained it using Quicktime, and my videos are saved in a different format. Anyone know how to do this? I'm contemplating starting a winery blog. I could link this blog to it, but not vice versa. I could show what the vines are doing, what the wines are doing, etc. I spent the other day inside a tank, and thought that was an interesting vantage point. Hmm...

8 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    You're not supposed to say "make fun of." He won't let me take any pictures now, he just puts his hand in front of his face. I try to tell him he is cute and endearing, and everyone likes seeing his smiling face. He says, "no, they just want to make fun of me." How am I supposed to take more fun pictures if he thinks you are making fun of him?

    We're laughing WITH him. =) Right?

     
  • At 11:10 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    You're right, we are not making fun of John per se, but we can make light of the situations he is placed in. It's like watching Seinfeld...we are not making fun of Jerry, we just like laughing at the "situation."

    For example, picture of John...OK.

    Picture of John asleep on the couch with the cat sitting on him...funny.

    By the way, tell John I also find him cute and endearing...in a manly sort of way.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, January 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mike, we all know that you are Jerry. Seth was George. I'm certainly not Cramer. I think I want to be Puddy.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    or maybe Mr. Peterman?

     
  • At 2:23 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Do I get to be Elaine?

     
  • At 6:38 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Michael said…

    I thought maybe you would be Mulva.

    Elaine works also.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Dolores.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home