happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Buried Alive by our "To-Do" List

Just a quick update to tell you we are really busy right now. I have some great pictures from our anniversary weekend camping in Illinois. I'll share them soon. Everything else is on hold because of one huge project in our house; refinishing our hardwood floors. We have started moving furniture, ripping up linoleum, and we haven't even started sanding yet. Plus, now that Muny band has started, that takes up every Tuesday and Thursday. We haven't even totally unpacked from last weekend, but we are dedicated to the floors. At least I am. I think John thinks the whole thing is a little crazy, but I am strangely looking forward to it. I know all you peeps with kids think I am whining, and have no idea what it is like to be busy, but this is busy for us, so let's just leave it at that.

Let the sanding begin!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I Miss Muny Band!! I'm soooo sad. I haven't touched my trumpet since jazz has been over!! I have no where to play my trumpet and no where to do Irish stuff!! I HATE Columbia!! I can't wait to graduate and move back to STL!! :(

    -Sally

     
  • At 10:38 AM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    elaine,
    after june 24th, i'm all yours! i'll help you sand those floors till you eat off 'em! so...you two had a nice time at the mini-rod pull i presume???

    becky

     
  • At 10:07 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Sally, we were rained out tonight, so you haven't missed much. Your first summer from home can be hard, but can also be fun. John said he spent his first summer from home primarily at the Heidelberg.

    Becky, what happens on June 24th? Maybe you are taking a vacation I forgot about? If the work we've done so far is any indication, we won't be finished until June 24th, so you might want to take back your offer while you can.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! You are inspiring me to like dust the furniture or something..... nahhhhhhhh summer is short :)
    Sue

     
  • At 10:16 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dana's wedding's june 24...
    i WILL NOT take back my offer, i'd like coming over to help, cuz then we can guilt you into coming over to help us with ours when we install them! HA! get ready john! (oh, he's SO excited, i can just see it!) :)
    becky

    ps. your pictures from your anniversary are awesome. i'm taking you on my next vacation to take pictures for me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home