happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, June 26, 2006

like the empty bottle of wine on the hardwood floor

Everything is finished but the quarter round trim. That will go on tonight, not sure it will get finished tonight, but we will work on it. John has a meeting tonight, so I have two minutes to catch my breath. I have to go to Home Depot, our second home before he gets home and buy finishing nails and a drill bit. He also wants me to return the extra quarter round, but I'm not sure how he expects me to get something that is 16 feet long in my Cavalier.

We're not pressed for time or anything, though. We have plans all but Saturday and John's sister and her husband and their new son come to stay on Sunday. Come hell or high water our house will be back in order.

We kind of have "make our house look nice" mode going on though. We bought a new entertainment center and curtain rods. We were going to buy curtains too, but realized we have no idea whatsoever about curtains. Anybody have any curtain advice?

The saddest thing might be that we are actually getting used to our house being turned upside down. John says he likes sleeping in the basement and I will have to admit that I love looking at the floors, and think it will be sad to cover them up with furniture.

We were planning a "come over and tell us how beautiful our floors look" party, and we still might throw one, but the one free weekend we had just got filled with the prospect of crushing 20 tons of plums. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home