happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Treat

One of the dilemmas of passing out candy at our house is that every year there are a few junior high aged kids that show up at our doorstep wanting candy without wearing a costume. This year John and I decided he would tell the kids- "No costume, no candy!" When the kids actually showed up with no costumes on, though, he turned soft, asked them for a joke, and gave them candy anyway. I laughed and laughed because on the way home last night he told me I need to reach down and grab a pair and tell the kids myself that they couldn't have candy. He couldn't do it either.

He did get to make fun of me, though. Kids show up, I say "trick or treat," I give them candy and then I sit back down to continue watching Dancing With The Stars. John asks, "why do you say 'trick or treat?'" I had no answer.

Can you tell we're new at this?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home