happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Have Become Cumbersome


This is my 29th week. Looks a little different than last time. All in all, this pregnancy has gone pretty smooth, but it has really switched into high gear lately. I am in official slow motion, which is frustrating for someone who does everything quickly. I have a hard time getting out of the car, bed, tub. Blah. Don't even dare to ask about my varicose veins- they have taken over my legs, and it's not pretty. I can't stand for very long periods of time- there is immense pressure on my pelvic bones and I start to feel light headed from all the blood heading south. It's harder to prepare for this one emotionally. I spend a lot of time tending to Cecilia, and not so much time thinking about how life will be after this little one gets here. Cecilia has recently gotten a baby doll, so I guess we'll practice with the doll for awhile. Right now she body slams the doll. I signed her up for a sibling class at the hospital, but really, how much is she going to get from that? We have no bed for the new baby, almost nothing new at all for the poor little thing. I did buy a coming home from the hospital dress.
I can't believe I'm going to be this sloth like for so many more weeks.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, February 18, 2009, Blogger Michael said…

    Uh....not hat??

     
  • At 3:37 PM, February 19, 2009, Blogger happylaney said…

    Well, Mike, where is YOUR hat or not hat entry?

     
  • At 7:14 PM, February 19, 2009, Blogger Michael said…

    I actually looked through all of my pictures to see if I had one...I didn't.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, February 19, 2009, Blogger Jaci W. said…

    Don't worry Elaine, everything will fall into place. You might not actually need a lot more/new stuff for this little bundle. You got something important taken care of--the coming home dress!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, February 21, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    E--Time has flown by--I can't believe there's only 10 more weeks to go for you! I went through some of the same issues when pregnant with Louise. It helped though that V was older and we could move her out of the crib so Lou would have a place to sleep. Lou's room did not get painted until after she was born and all of the newborn clothes didn't come out of bins until the night before my c-section. Everything will work out! Good luck! cori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home