happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Summer 1977

I was looking through some old photos today, trying to find a picture of Hannah in the Christening gown, when I came across this picture, and it warmed my heart. This is Dad and I hiking Mt. Washburn in the Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming on our family vacation in 1977. I must have been around 20 months old, about the same age Cecilia is right now. Dad said I hiked about 200 yards and was done. There's two more pictures that I scanned and will share with you soon.

This picture makes my day.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, September 13, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very sweet- I bet he kept you up there for a long time- past the cramps and neck numbness-- don't budge the sleeping toddler...
    When Norah was falling asleep on my back on our hike in the Rocky Mountains Tom said "she's not going to remember much of this hike!" I laughed to myself knowing she won't remember any of the whole big vacation-- so I had Joe take a picture of her falling asleep on my back-- looks like the way little girls have hiked for generations!
    -Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home