happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, November 11, 2011

baby brother

I had another ultrasound on Wednesday. It's always good to see the little guy and know that everything is happening as it should in there. Ultrasounds are very reassuring. He weighs 6 pounds, 8 ounces. The doctor thinks he will be in between Cecilia's 7 pounds 8 ounces and Charlotte's 8 pounds 8 ounces. I am scheduled to have a C-section the morning of December 8th. It feels good to have a date set. I know it's a strange way to prepare for birth, but I feel like there are so many unknowns in my life right now, having this child's birthday predetermined works for me. Of course, he could come early, which in case I go to the hospital and they do the C-section then.


This is a picture of his profile. You can see his forehead, little button nose, and I think his arm and hand. He had the umbilical cord across his face, like across the bridge of his nose, and the sonographer was trying to get him to move around a little bit, but with no luck, so you can see right above his nose the umbilical cord.
This is a 3-D picture, which I will have to admit I never like. They always creep me out, like it's a tiny little Benjamin Button in there, or a baby covered in plastic wrap . In this picture he is looking right at me, his little eyes open, umbilical cord across the right side of his face, near his right eye, and maybe his hand and arm along the bottom of the picture, and close to his mouth. He looks cute and round, and a little less creepy than most 3-D pictures I've seen. Less than a month and we'll be face to face with our little darling. I'm looking forward to holding him and seeing him in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home