happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Those Who Find Themselves Ridiculous, Sit Down Next to Me

John and I hosted our very first dinner party last night. I think I have been dreaming of that night forever. The original goal when we bought a house, was to buy a dining room table and have people over for dinner. We finally did it. John is hysterical though, because when I got home at 5:30, he was already drunk. He was really funny though, for example, I was setting the table with two different forks, and I told him I thought I was turning into my mom, and he said, "oh, no, you're much taller than your mom." Later, he came out of the bathroom, and I was talking about the mushrooms, and he said, " That's great, but my underwear are stuck in the zipper of my pants." I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

We invited over Sara and Chuck, and Becky and Brain. Brian had made a homebrew, so it was fun to taste Brian's beer against John's beer. I think Sara and Becky helped me make the meal more than John, because he was incapacitated, but he was entertaining, and sometimes that makes or breaks the night. The salad was not very "salady", but the rest turned out ok I guess. The beer and the wine was good, and Sara made a fun Cranberry mousse, and Becky made the famous artichoke spinach dip for an appetizer. =) We took lots of fun pictures, some of them are fake laughing pictures, which are so funny looking. We looked up a video on the computer that Sara was in, an Offspring song called "Want You Bad." Click on this link to see her. She is in a pink tank top, and she is right before the guy gets slapped for the first time, and a couple times after the guy licks the girls' ear.

Click on the Want You Bad video.

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/video

I'm lucky to have such fun friends and such a silly husband.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, February 13, 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    Elaine,

    Thank you for inviting us to the wonderful world of your blog. Looks like you have been at it for awhile. I think I even have a blog on here somewhere (but where?). Please keep us all up-to-date and post more pictures of John working on stuff.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, February 13, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    Mike,
    Thanks for commenting. Glad you noticed that he is hammering the electrical box. =) Stay tuned for more of John's antics.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, February 16, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    Sara and Becky, I'm glad you had a good time. We'll have to do it again sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home