happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005


I came across a little garden shop in a remote section of south city. This small, old Chinese man behind the counter sold me these "special" daffodil bulbs, claiming they possessed some ancient magic. As I thoughtfully gazed at them, I heard a clap of thunder and the old man was gone. I took them home and planted them in the front yard. Months later, the morning after a full moon, I went to pick up the paper, I noticed the bulbs had sprouted. All seemed normal at first, but when I arrived home from work today, I discovered they had grown to something John refers to as "Rothian Proportions." As this photograph clearly shows, they have reached nearly 12 feet in height. I fear they will soon take over the whole neighborhood, and eventually block out the sun. If this leads to the extinction of all mankind, all I can say is that I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home