happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

In Over My Head

I think I am one of the few people who really mean it when they say, "I'll try anything once." It's possible I have gotten in over my head this time.

Sara invited me to a concert tonight of the Dresden Dolls at The Pageant. I looked at the website and watched them perform a few songs, and decided to go. From this point of view, they look like Tori Amos meets Moulin Rouge meets Christina Ricci. Sara has never steered me wrong on music, she introduced me years ago to They Might Be Giants, and 4 years ago to Flogging Molly. Plus, seeing live music performed is probably my favorite thing to do. I get such a natural high from the talent and energy. So, two days ago, I asked Sara what she was going to wear to the concert, "just jeans and a cute shirt?" I asked. Apparently not. There are other people who are going with us, Suki and Brian. Sara said Suki bought a new outfit from Hot Topic just for the concert. Oh. Then Sara said she was going to wear "her long black flowing skirt, and probably these gloves. " The gloves were black and went up to at least her elbows and the fingers were cut out and there were spider web type see through triangles on the gloves. I know Sara has Goth tendencies, and I kind of liked the idea of running with that theme. It's so great to have her home. Besides, we all can't be boring Lisa Stoll type people. So, I put an outfit together last night, totally unlike me, but LOADS of fun. I can't wait to post a picture. John seemed to like it too. He's not going, for any of you wondering. He has a "Brewers" meeting tonight. He asked me what I'm going to say when one of the Goth guys asks me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home