happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Ghosts, Splinters and Hearing Aids

Just a few highlights from last week:

Friday was the last day of harvest, whew! (make gesture like wiping my forehead.)

I had a splinter go through my fingernail of my thumb, and I dug it out with a knife. I got it on Monday, somehow didn't even feel it happen(?) I got it out on Friday. It looked like a piece of aluminum foil(?) I'm hard core.

John's band competed on Saturday in Charleston. I have pictures, but they are on the camera which is still in the band room.

We are fermenting apple cider, it makes our basement smell really good.

I blew one of my headphones on my ipod already. The sad part, I don't think it is loud enough, I was asking John how to change the volume on the computer so that when we upload songs they can be louder. I am not afraid or too proud for a hearing aid though, when the time is right I will not make you scream at me just to have a conversation. I will instead make you comment on the blog as my main form of communication. Right now when I don't want to hear something, like band kids on a school bus, I can turn up my ipod. Later, I will just turn off my hearing aid. Yes!!

John is obsessed with the ghost at the winery. He says she is helping him put the sheets on the bed for our Bed and Breakfast guests, opening doors and closing them again, and calling for help at 5:30 a.m. I for one count my blessings that I have not personally witnessed any of this.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So here is the deal. On Sunday I was making the bed in preparation for our bed and breakfast guests. This is a rather large king sized bed, possibly california king. I tossed the fitted sheet onto the top of the bed and pulled the corners around the two corners closest to me. As I walked around the bed to start on the next corner it was already done. Not kinda laying like it was close to being done, but actually pulled down and tucked under the mattress.
    This morning I got up to use the restroom at around 5:20 (when I usually get up.) When I got back into bed, I distinctly heard a woman's voice say about five times "Help." Those of you that know me know I'm prone to extreme masculine displays of fearlessness and machismo, however, I was unable to get myself to get out of bed to investigate. A couple of weeks ago, I was in bed reading in our usual room there when I saw over the top of my book the door open. I didn't look up or put my book down, as I assumed it was Elaine. The door closed. Seconds later, Elaine entered the room through another door. I asked her if she just opened and closed the door, of course she had not.
    I'm just sayin, is all.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very very cool...I think we should have a medium or channeler come in and check things out...THAT would be fun!!!!
    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 8:22 PM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why don't you have your annual halloween party at the winery???? Wouldn't that be spooky (and convenient)!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THAT would br cool....Whatcha think??? I'm all for it
    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 10:21 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    Ghosts that help with household chores? Sign me up!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, October 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mike, there are a lot of things you are doing for yourself that some ghost should be doing for you!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    Now THAT is funny. And true.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    Matt, good idea to have the halloween party at the winery, just WAY too scary. Count me out. I'm a baby when it comes to ghosts.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, October 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Waa! Waa! Waa!
    Choo-Choo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home