happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Survey

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. soda jerk at Sara's Ice Cream ( I really just scooped ice cream, I just like the term 'soda jerk.') This job consisted of me hanging out with my friends and boyfriend in high school, who also worked there, and eating cake cones. It was a pretty easy job, and was my only high school job off the farm. My parents didn't want me working somewhere else when there was so much work to do at home.
2. admistrative assisstant's assisstant at Mizzou. I was pretty much the professor's secretary's secretary. Another easy job, I only worked from January to spring break. After spring break, I didn't need the money.
3. cellar intern at Ferrari Carano winery in Sonoma. This was an awesome job. The pay was good for a college kid, I lived in Healdsburg, which is a phenomenal town to live in, we went to the bar on the way home at least once a week, I got an awesome discount on great wine, they gave me pot for my birthday, and they had a gourmet chef prepare lunch for us everyday. Making wine was not the only thing I learned there.
4. winemaker for the family winery. This is a pretty good job. It's not the easiest job I have ever had, but this is what I set out to do with my life. The best part of this job is the diversity. Everyday I am the winemaker, but some days I am also a vineyard worker, event coordinator, tasting room manger, bookkeeper, wine judge. I like that I don't do the same thing everyday, and I like that my job changes with the seasons, and I like having John here over the summer. I like working with nature, and there is something to be said about continuing the family business. I don't really feel like an employee, I feel like I am part of this spot on the earth. My past, present and future are right here.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Sound of Music
2. Last of the Mohicans
3. While You Were Sleeping
4. Moulin Rouge

on a side note, I really don't like watching the same movie over and over. I own very few movies, and would much rather rent a new movie than watch an old one.

Four places you have lived:
1. Ste. Genevieve, MO
2. Columbia, MO
3. Fresno, CA
4. St. Louis, MO

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Survivor
2. 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray
3. 24
4. Grey's Anatomy

Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Germany and France
2. Maine
3. Mrytle Beach, SC
4. Grand Canyon

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Dooce
2. Hotmail
3. Amalah
4. Wine Terroirs


Four of my favorite foods:
1. Tator Tots
2. Oysters
3. John's homemade pizza
4. Anything with pesto on it

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Mrytle Beach
2. In John's arms
3. in bed
4. Paris


Four things I always carry with me
1. cell phone
2. debit card
3. digital camera
4. lipstick

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home