happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

To Give or Not To Give

I talked to Martha Stewart. I was on the phone, on the radio, with Martha Stewart. Martha is rarely on the radio live. She broadcasts her daily tv show on the radio, and occassionaly she has an "Ask Martha" show that is live. I called in. I'm always calling in. She had a Holiday show about food, and I called in and told her we made apple butter, and I wanted to give some away for Christmas, and I asked what was the best way to decorate the jars. She had good suggestions. She told me I should put our family name on the jar, along with the year, and also maybe put something like "enjoy with butter on toast." She's so smart. She asked me if we made it in the oven or on the stove, and I told her we made it outside over an open fire in a copper kettle. She said that was the best way to make apple butter. Martha said we did it right. John says he wished he could have been there when I talked to her because I tend to get a little giddy around celebrities. I am that annoying fan.

Towards the end of my short conversation with Martha, I offered to send her a jar of apple butter, and she said she would like that very much. John said I shouldn't send it because she'll never eat it. I think I should send it, because, really, I have like 50 jars in the basement, and plus I told her I would. Lauren from the morning show remembers me when I email her now. In fact she just recently invited me to the studio. Guess I'm going to have to start planning a trip to New York City. Can that be a work expense? Maybe if I send the apple butter to Martha, she will remember me as the crazy fan that sent her apple butter and won't get off her phone lines.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, December 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that you talked to Martha Stewart! You should definitely go to NYC. Maybe you could get on one of the radio shows talking about wine. Then it would definitely be a business trip and a write-off. :)
    -Natalie (Texas)

     
  • At 11:21 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said…

    Love it! And I bet your apple butter is better than anything she's ever tasted. It sounds glorious. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home