happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

7 Years

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the day my mom left us. She was really good at being feminine, and tried very hard to help me be a little less tom boy and a little more girly. I know she would be excited about the prospect of me having a girl. I can still remember the outfit Abbey came home in. It was pink and ruffly and lacey and if that dress didn't scream "mom picked this out" I don't know what dress would. She bought Hannah a similar dress when she was about 1. So, I bought this dress in honor of my mom, or rather, as a gift from my mom to the baby. It's red velvet, and this is the dress she will wear when she comes home from the hospital. It's probably not as fancy as mom would like, but I'm doing my best over here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Elaine,

    The dress is beautiful! Mom would be very proud, but most of all she would be very proud of you! She loved us all very much! Thanks for doing such a good job of honoring and remembering her. I love you!

    Christy

     
  • At 9:03 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger happylaney said…

    Thanks Christy.

    Thanks also for being the first person to comment in over 2 weeks.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's such a classy dress, i hope she comes before xmas so she can wear it, but then it'll probably swallow her up whole...oh well, she'll be adorable anyway! it's getting closer!!!
    becky

     
  • At 3:05 PM, November 07, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    I WAS THINKING OF YOU ALL DAY YESTERDAY...

    I THINK THAT IS A PERFECT DRESS FROM YOUR MOM!

    LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND!!!

    XOXO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home