happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Saturday, January 19, 2008



Today would be my mom's birthday. She would be 68. It's kind of hard to think about my mom these days; too easy to get too sad. I feel like I'm starting to understand the mother daughter bond from a different point of view. I know I have only scratched the surface though.

My mom's mom died when I was 2, and everyone said she loved me very much and was a very good grandma to me. It would have been nice to have her around because all 3 of my other grandparents never showed much love or attention in my direction. I always knew my mom missed her mom, and would have liked to share more of me with her. Guess I can understand that part of my mom the most right about now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, January 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine- I just want to give you a big hug right now! You are amazing - you had an amazing mom (& gramma), and now are an amazing mom yourself.

    I just think all the love they had is channeled through you and your daughter. You spoke about mom's intuition in an earlier post - I know this isn't a popular sentiment, but I think that the intuition you wrote about is a blessing that they gave and continue to give to you.

    It's good to remember those we love, to pay tribute to them, and to move forward in life with the thought of their love. Thanks so much for posting such a thoughtful entry. And I'm loving all the adorable baby photos...can't wait to meet little Cecilia.
    Cheers, Katie

     
  • At 11:09 AM, January 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY, FINALLY BACK ONLINE! HAPPY TO SEE PICTURES OF BABY GIRL! MISS YOU GUYS!

    FOR SOME REASON IT'S NOT LETTING ME SIGN IN, SO I HAVE TO BE ANONYMOUS RIGHT NOW...

    -S
    =^..^=

     

Post a Comment

<< Home