happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Adios Muchachos

Christy, Cecilia and I fly out today at 4 p.m. I have a lot of nervous energy this morning. I have a lot to organize and pack. There's so much stuff to take with. Maybe I have too much time to get ready this morning.

Thanks for all the nursing advice. I think I'll be o.k. nursing on the plane, and I think I can give her a bottle here and there and then pump later if need be. I think Amanda is right in that maybe thinking about it is worse than actually doing it. Plus, like Natalie said, it's California, and they won't care out there. Plus, if someone catches a glimpse of my boob, it's not like I'm going to see them again anyway. Before I had Cecilia I was that person that kind of freaked out when I saw a woman breast feeding in public, so that mentality is still with me today. Even if I feel a little bit more comfortable breast feeding out and about (not sure I do), but even if I did, there's still a part of the population who does not feel comfortable with it, and that is very real to me.

The good news is that we have made major progress in sleeping at night. Friday night we went to bed at 9:15 p.m., she woke up at 3:30 a.m. to eat, and then not again until 7:30 a.m. Saturday night she slept from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday night, and last night she slept straight through from 9ish to 5 a.m. It's amazing what a decent night sleep can do for your energy level, and morale. I planned to work more with her after we got home, and start solid food, but she kind of did it on her own, with our help trying to keep her awake more during the day. I'm so glad we didn't have to "Ferberize" her, or let her "cry it out." I'm expecting our trip to mess with her schedule a little, but I think (and hope and pray) that it can only get better from here.

So, if you would...
Cross your fingers, say a prayer, cross your eyes, send me good vibes, that...
American airlines does not cancel more flights
Cecilia doesn't mind flying too much and doesn't scream the entire flight
They don't lose my luggage like last year
Going through security isn't too bad
The weather is nice out there
All the reservations for the car and hotel that I made online work
and anything else you can think of

I'll be back to the blogging world on Sunday, with pictures of a baby at the Pacific Ocean.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, April 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have a great trip! what's john gonna do without his girls? (& only the cats?)
    becky

     
  • At 11:40 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger happylaney said…

    I imagine he'll get lots of good rest, and the cats will get lots of good lovin'.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, April 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmmeeeee-ooooowwwww!!!!! :)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, April 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Elaine,

    I did not see this until Sun. morning. It looked like all the prayers worked because everything turned out great! I had a wonderful time with you and Cecilia, and La Jolla and San Diego are spectacular! To bad we couldn't bring the weather and the flowers and the beach home with us! Love you lots,

    Christy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home