happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My New Favorite Picture



I found my baby book yesterday in my Dad's house. It was temporarily misplaced, and I was so happy to find it. I knew my mom kept good records of things that really mean a lot to me now, like when I first rolled over, and when I got my first tooth. It's all there, just like I remembered. It's hard to look at the book, because it's evident my mom worked hard to write everything down, and she wrote a nice letter to me/about me in the inside cover.


This is a picture of me at three months old, and it makes me emotional to look at it. I think Cecilia looks real similar right now to this picture. It just reminds me of how hard we tried to get pregnant, and now I feel so accomplished. Remember that scene in Castaway when Tom Hanks builds the fire, and he says something like, "Look! I have FIRE!" I feel just like that. "Look! We have a baby! We have reproduced!" The circle of life continues, and I didn't think that meant too much to me until now.


Now I just have to ask John's parents for baby pictures of him.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, April 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i always thought she looked more like john, but now i really don't know. we need to see his baby pics to make a real determination.
    if nothing else your little girl is a beautiful mutt of both the best features of you both!!!

    becky

     
  • At 11:48 AM, April 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is totally why I have been working on the last two baby books lately. I really hope they think it is special when they want to see how they looked and developed. I wish I had something like it of myself.
    -Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home