happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF

Holy Schmoly these weeks are long when you tote around a baby everywhere you go. I just put two beers in the freezer though, and we're going to have a relaxing evening tonight - for sure.

We've been working really hard to keep her awake during the day in order to get some sleep at night. I have woken her from many naps this week, which somehow seems so wrong. We spend so much time trying to get her to go to sleep, that waking her seems like we're sending mixed messages. We have (hopefully) successfully moved her bedtime from midnight to 11 p.m. Wednesday night I think I got pretty close to 7 hours of sleep in a row, and that just seemed so invigorating. Last night was pretty close to the same; right around 6 hours of sleep. I fed her at 10 p.m., held her until she fell asleep at 11 p.m., and we woke at 5 a.m. with the alarm. That is a whole heck of a lot better than the 4 and a half hours of sleep I got Monday night, when she fell asleep at midnight and then wanted to eat again at 3:30 a.m.

Taking her to work is challenging. I feel like I'm working in cut time. Yesterday she went to the accountant's office with Dad and I, last week she went with me on a sales call to the Casey's in Ste. Gen, and tomorrow she's going with me to meet a church group of 55 people at the winery. I can't imagine leaving her with a stranger, though. At the beginning she was awake one hour and then slept two. Now's she's awake a good hour and a half at a time, sometimes 2 hours, with maybe an hour nap. With the help of Amanda and her hand-me-down bouncy seat and exersaucer, I am still able to do work.

She's asleep now; she sleeps good in the car seat and I just got home from work. I should wake her, but this is only the second time I have had free time all week, and the other time I used it to take a hot bath and read What To Expect The First Year. It's amazing how much energy and thought goes into raising a 3 month old. And although I try hard to not sound like that annoying mom, "she really is worth it." (gag.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home