happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Oh, the advice is so comforting. Thank you all. I'm going to try all this, especially the teething suggestions, and teaching her not to pinch me. I feel better already just knowing something other than what I am already doing might help.

I just have a short update because it is 12:23 a.m., and the alarm goes off at 5 a.m. I fed her more today, and that just might have helped. I am in the process of weaning her, so the feeding stuff is really hard right now because I don't have any real way to know how much milk I have (or don't have.) I gave her formula after every "cereal" feeding today, and at dinner she ate tons of pears, oatmeal, and then 6 ounces of formula. Good God, that's a lot of food for her, but I'm going to go with it. She was definitely happier today, she played by herself for a good 40 minutes or longer at a time before realizing she wasn't attached to me. She only did that once or twice, but it was sure nice. She didn't sleep a whole lot more though. From 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. she slept a total of 1 and a half hours. Granted we were out and about tonight, but the naps during the day are virtually nonexistant.

Gotta go put some bagels and bananas in the freezer and then try to fall asleep. Want one more question? I have some pacifiers that say 6-12 months. When and why should I switch? She's actually 7 months old now, I guess she needs those other pacis for some reason?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, August 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Elaine!
    I think that the nipples are bigger on those, and the baby can handle those better when they're older. I think that's the only difference, but since my boys never really took to a pacifier I can't really say. Weening is a difficult process. I know with my first one, it seemed to take forever until I finally just decided to take him off cold turkey (he was over a year), and my second wasn't really a hard decision since he bit me all the time and it HURT...so he got the bare essential 6 months. Also, both my boys seemed to like formula just as much as the "boob juice" so they would drink that as well. It's also a nice thing to do so that someone else can feed your babe, and give you some much needed "mommy time". I try and give myself at least 30 minutes a day of mommy time to do whatever I want. It keeps me a happier mommy and the boys usually are asleep so they don't miss me....my oldest is 3 and still having separating anxiety! So good luck with that one! :) Hope all is going well!
    April and boys :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home