happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008



We have had a heck of a time feeding her solid food. At the beginning we started her on all the homemade food, then bought some store bought food when we went on vacation and when we came home, she wouldn't have anything to do with the homemade food anymore. Very frustrating. We've spent the last two weeks trying to get her to eat real food again. She will eat cauliflower and pears that I froze, but she still whines about it, for me anyway. I think John has a better time feeding her than I do. Tonight when I fed her oatmeal and pears she cried in between bites, but kept opening her mouth. I don't think she really liked it, but I guess she was hungry. Last week when she wouldn't eat anything she perfected a cry with her mouth closed because everytime she opened her mouth to cry, I'd put more food in. It was a cute little muffled cry- so pathetic. Ruthie came over Saturday and got her to eat more than 2 bites, and it has gotten better ever since. I am determined to not raise a picky eater. You can quote me on that in a few years when all she will eat is chicken nuggets.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, July 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't get me started on chicken nuggets!!! they are the evil-est thing ever invented, designed to fatten our children & lead them down the road of picky eating & couch potatoness. stay strong, you're the adult here. you know you're doing what you think is best for your baby, & that's what counts.
    guess who? :)

     
  • At 7:47 AM, July 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doubt that this is any help... but... I was surprised to find out that Norah liked Oatmeal cereal and didn't seem to like the rice cereal when she was little... I'm sure you've tried everything- but that little trick worked better for us. She also didn't like the texture of stuff I made her but liked the same flavor when Gerber did it... the texture thing got better as she got older but she still never liked a sweet potato when I cooked it -Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home