happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Prepare for impact

This is the reason I have not had any energy to blog lately. I barely have energy to get out of bed in the morning. Taking care of a 9 month old is tiring, and growing a 10 week old is exhausting. We really didn't expect to be pregnant right now, but we are so excited. I am actually feeling a range of emotions (one of the perks of pregnancy.) I am relieved that the baby looks healthy. I am anxious about labor already. I am pondering having another C-section. I am nervous that John and I won't have any time to be together after this baby comes. I am terrified of the bills; the health insurance, more day care, more stuff including high chairs, cribs, etc. I am right now feeling most aware of the fact that Cecilia won't be the only baby for very long. I know she's too little to understand, but I don't want her to feel slighted. I don't want her to be jealous, or ever feel replaced. Maybe since she's the first born she'll always feel special? She's just so cute and so happy, I don't want her personality to change when the next baby comes along.

Anyway, that's some big news, huh? I didn't want to have two babies in diapers, but I also didn't want a 5 year age difference. I am already feeling drained thinking about the amount of energy it will take to have two very small people in our lives at the same time. Here's hoping it's twice as much work, but four times as much fun.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, October 07, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh wow Elaine...Congratulations! Prepare for impact, indeed. What happy news for you and John.

    I know you're worried about so much right now, but I know things will be o.k., just simply because you are bringing thought and action to those worries. I'm sure all the stress of harvest isn't helping much either.

    And I don't think that you are slighting Cecelia in the least...there is such a close bond that occurs with siblings that are close in age. She'll have a best friend for life.

    Congrats again, and take good care of yourself! Hope to see you soon.
    Cheers,
    Katie

     
  • At 6:57 PM, October 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Again! We are thrilled for you. If you can, try not to worry - just enjoy the ride! You are an amazing Mom to Cecilia and you will be amazing with this baby too! Somehow you will find the energy and the money. Get out your vision board and think only positive thoughts! =)

    Christy and Jerry

     
  • At 8:43 PM, October 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!!!!! How exciting to think that "Thing Two" is on the way : ) Hey give us a call at any time to help you out in any way. Football season is half over and we would love be there for you.

    As for two babies in diapers.... it is fun and rewarding. Just ask Sally is she felt slighted.....

    Congrats and take care!!!!
    Sue

     
  • At 8:59 AM, October 08, 2008, Blogger Natalie said…

    Congratulations, that is wonderful! :)
    -Natalie (Texas)

     
  • At 12:26 PM, October 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're all excited for you! -Amanda

     
  • At 11:28 AM, October 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness! Congratulations! How exciting that there's another Mooney Baby on the way! :o)

    -Jill

     
  • At 7:13 AM, October 13, 2008, Blogger happylaney said…

    Thanks for all the nice comments. I will admit to feeling overwhelmed and the new baby isn't even here yet. I just need to take one day at a time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home