happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sewing the Seeds of Love

Cecilia in the cat bed, January 2009, 13 months old
William in the dog bed, March 2007, ~13 months old

I've been thinking a lot about Melissa and Brant and William. Brant was diagnosed a couple weeks ago with stage 4 cancer, and he has already started chemotherapy. It's hard not to think about him, worry for him and his family, pray for him. He started a website so we can keep up with his progress without calling 50 times a week, and so that he doesn't have to retell the same story 250 times a week. He could use some good vibes sent out to him in the Bay Area.
I find these pictures so interesting because they are so similar. The first one John took just a few days ago and the second one I took almost 2 years ago, but the idea is the same. I remember when I was out there visiting Melissa shared with me that she was tired of William grunting at her and pointing at stuff, and would be happy when he could say a few words. That's exactly how I feel on an everyday basis. I'm ready for her to talk a tiny bit. I'm also ready for her to eat more things than just cheddar cheese and grapes. O.k., there's a few other foods in there, but most things she hates. I try to offer her new foods at almost every meal; apples, pears, baked potato, green beans. She's not going for it. I keep telling myself this is a phase and someday sometime somewhere along the way she's going to eat something different, and maybe years from now she'll eat all sorts of goodies. I believe this to be true. Don't you dare tell me some kids are just picky eaters and she may never like very many foods. I won't hear of it.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home