happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Be Proud To Be Out Of Your Mind and Out Of Control and One More Time Loud As You Can, How Does It Go?

Oh, free time, why do you elude me? Why must you avoid me? Where do you go? I used to spend hours in front of the tv, night after night John and I would have what I would consider a date now, Amazing Race on Sundays, Dancing With The Stars on Mondays, Survivor, The Office and Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays, throw some House in there, some How I met Your Mother and a CSI NY or two and you could round out our weeks. I can't remember when I had the time to change a light bulb, scoop the kitty litter, or get pictures developed. I guess it hit me tonight when I realized I have to give the car back on Friday. What? I had all these ideas swimming in my head of videos and blog posts, and ways to promote and I feel like I've only done the bare minimum. I had this BRILLIANT idea to get John and Chuck to learn this choreography



in front of the car, even had Chuck bribed with wine, but John backed out. I had an idea to have the marching band learn the dance, or play their instruments in the car. I have a video half done that pertains to work, I have a video completely in my head that requires more video editing than I know, but I'm still going to try...

I looked back a year ago on this blog where I told you I was pregnant and I was worried that we would have no money and no time for each other and man did I call that one. We had a date on October 30th (thank you Amanda and family), but that seems like light years away. We have started calling each other on our cell phone on our way to work in the morning to catch up. How pathetic is that?

I'm going to be on Great Day St. Louis tomorrow, and I'm so excited I hope I can sleep tonight. Wouldn't matter anyway because we have started sleep training Charlotte and what I remembered was after we sleep trained Cecilia we all slept better and I stopped feeding her in the middle of the night. What I forgot was that it takes days, I mean nights, hours and hours of up in the middle of the night soothing her without picking her up, listening to her cry (oh gosh so sad.) We're all exhausted over here. Maybe I need Visine for tomorrow's tv appearance. It's only supposed to be 3 or 4 minutes and we all know how fickle tv can be, but I bought a new top anyway. I originally bought this

but John said it wouldn't work so we bought something else tonight.

Don't think for a minute that I'm complaining that I have kids or that all this leads to that, not in the least. Last night Charlotte rolled over from her back to her belly and I told the babysitter about it this morning and she said she did it yesterday too. What!?! I missed the very first roll over from back to front? I cried when I got to the car. How am I missing all this? How am I paying someone else to do what comes so naturally and feels so right?

It's time for bed. It's only 9:52 p.m., but it feels like 11:30 p.m. Wish me luck on the tv tomorrow. Then I have to head back to work tomorrow afternoon. Gah. Even though I had Friday off and had a nice time in Chicago, I'm already in need of another vacation.
Or at the very least some Calgon.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 AM, November 11, 2009, Blogger Emily said…

    You're gonna be great tomorrow. I'll be cheering you on from my couch!
    I feel for you as you're going through the sleep stuff. I remember when we did that with Ella, we had finally reached a breaking point. I would sit and cry when she was crying. But as you know, it'll get better and then you'll all be sleeping good.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, November 11, 2009, Blogger irocm said…

    You did great on TV today! I was surprised to see you--I also know Tightwad Momma and was watching her and then you appeared too!! Your girls are getting so big and sooo cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home