happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Back On The Market

We once again have a for sale sign in our yard. After listening to John list all the late nights and weekend work he has in front of him, I called a real estate agent and started this craziness all over again. Last night we toasted to selling the house before New Years. Wish us luck.

Along with my list of ways this house rocks, I also have a list of things I'm looking for in a new house. Here goes: a woodburning fireplace, a pantry, a place for a piano, as much hardwood as possible (this house has zero carpet, and I love that,) a finished basement, flat sunny place for a vegetable garden, a fire pit, nice outdoor furniture, new bedroom furniture and bedding and mattress (still sleeping on a full sized bed that was a hand me down from Matt and Sharon 11 years ago,) framed prints that we brought back from Paris, fixed coo coo clock, a new cat tree, and mostly time...Time to give the girls breakfast at home in the morning, time for John to come home for dinner before going back to a 7 p.m. meeting, time to sleep an extra half an hour every weekday morning, time to get home at a reasonable hour after Muny Band practice and performance. This move is mostly going to give us more time together, and as much as I love this house, love this neighborhood, I love time with my family more.

Cecilia just asked John right before bed, "Who is going to carry our house?" He asked her what she meant, and she said, "Is that guy (real estate agent) is going to carry our house to Ste. Genevieve?"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home