happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile

We watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas last night on tv.  It was the first time I had seen it in awhile, and the first time the girls had really paid attention to it.  The show really defines the holiday season for me.  When I think about all the Black Friday shoppers, and all the money spent, all the stress and tension, it makes me sad.  The real meaning of Christmas seems to elude most.

"  He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more! "

I hope this year, like most, that I can spread joy, love, warmth.  I hope to teach my kids that Christmas is more than Santa and the Elf on the Shelf.  Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus, and about giving back, about being thankful, and grateful and appreciative...and about love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home