happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Star Struck

I was at the Lake of the Ozarks all weekend for our annual Midwest Grape and Wine Conference. I have lots of stories to tell, including this one about meeting local famous people like the Kelly Twins. http://www.ktrs.com/programming/kellytwins.html I introduced myself, chatted, drank wine, and even shared fun stories with them. They are really beautiful women, and I was mezmerized. When I introduced myself to Bridget (the angel), she said she had bought some of my wine before. I thought she was just being polite, when she then asked me if we sell it at Sappington Farmers Market, which we do! I was so excited. =)

I also exchanged cards with my local senator, Pat Doughtery, he lives maybe four blocks away from me. I also chatted with Bob Holden. He told me Ste. Genevieve was beautiful, and would be visiting our area soon. It's the craziest thing ever, but I'm beginning to think politicians in small doses might actually not be so bad.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, February 13, 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    I saw a report on this convention on the KOMU news a few weeks ago. I really paid attention because John said you were there. Alas, they did not interview you. But I did see several empty wine glasses, so I knew you had been there.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, March 16, 2008, Blogger test said…

    Dear Laney~

    Lost my first post~mybad...

    I just saw this post from Feb. of '05~Thanks for the kind words! I truly love MoWines and have been actively plugging and promoting the industry for years. My husband and children and I have personally been to almost 30 wineries in MO and look forward to exploring the other 34+ in the years to come! I am thrilled with MO's progress in reclaiming our rightful place in the wine world.

    My daughter has great potential to become a winemaker herself, and my husband is exploring the possibility of moving in that direction too!

    FYI~My nickname of 'Angel' comes from my experience of assisting in the production of 'Breaking Bread with Father Dominic' which was produced over the course of 3 summers back around '99, right here in STL. Though I am no angel...I was his 'Kitchen Angel' and ran the back kitchen...

    Keep up the great work!

    Warmest regards and thanks again!

    Bridget Kelly, the 'sage half of The Kelly Twins' (Maggie is the 'salt'...without salt, you are dead in a matter of days...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home