happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Update

I just found this article on a cat website saying that the cat will never mark it's territory to make the owner mad, he does it because he feels stressed, or the litter box isn't clean, or he doesn't like where the litter box is. It says I should wash the litter box every other day. Do people really wash their cats' litter box every other day? Then it says you should never scold your cat for marking his territory, that just makes him more stressed. =( It also says you should take your cat to the vet, there might be something wrong with him he's trying to tell you.

Poor Tony Danza.

On a good note, he doesn't seem too scared of me, so maybe he forgot how mean I was to him.

Looks like I have some kitty litter cleaning to do (YUM!), and looks like T.D. is going to the vet.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, March 16, 2005, Blogger klaneeko said…

    I've learned that if you get your cat spayed/nuetered early enough, he/she won't spay around the house. I've got a 6 month old siamese that I haven't had 'fixed', and he's done fine. I clean his litter box out once a week, maybe twice. Yes, I'm lazy.. but he doesn't seem to mind. Try getting a littler box that has a filter at the top, it'll help with the smell for both you and your kitty. Take care.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, March 16, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    I'm tickled pink at the idea that someone could post a comment and I don't know this person. Or do I and I just don't recognize your user name? Hmm...Klaneeko...

    Anyway, it's great advice. Maybe if people will read this that I don't know, I should explain myself and my situation better? Like the fact that we have four cats might be helpful for someone here the first time. When I had only Java I could be very lazy too...

    My new thought process is that I was crying because intuitively I knew I shouldn't have been scolding him.

    I'm also going to buy another kitty litter box, and put it away from the others, just to see what might happen. The article also said that a washer or dryer might make the cat not want to go in the litter box if the box is near the washer or dryer because of the noise, which ours is, and it was running while T.D. peed upstairs.

    Anyway, thank you, Klaneeko, whoever you are. I LOVE comments. =)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, March 20, 2005, Blogger happylaney said…

    I tried to leave this comment the other day, but it never showed up. Amanda, you are not the only one is doesn't like.

    Anyway, Geri, the website says you should rub the leaves of your plant with moistened black pepper. It also says you can grow those plants for them, but I think that just confuses them, "eat this plants, not those." Katie the Lady (terrible roomate in Fresno) used to put Reynolds wrap (aluminum foil for those of you who did not grow up in my household) around the base of the plant, and that deterred Java.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home