happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Goth Elaine

The concert last night was really cool. I had fun with the outfit at home, but felt a little odd once I left the safety of my residence. I love the wig. I thought I'd look more like my mom or my sister with the dark hair, but really I still just looked like me. At the Pageant, I blended right in. The opening band was similar to Prodigy, and they kind of scared me. The Dresden Dolls put on a good show. The lyrics are so creative, and I am amazed at the music they can make with just a girl on the keyboard, and a guy playing the drums. On the website, they have a video of a strip tease they do, and I guess I was hoping for a little more of the Cabaret, or personalities to come out. The Riverfront Times said they were the next big thing, and I have a hard time believing that. The girl's voice is kind of harsh at times.

Afterwards, we went to eat at the Courtesy Diner. John met us there. While we were leaving, Chuck was paying, and John and I were standing at the counter, and I think I was holding on to his belt loops. The people in the booth next to us, said, "Wait, you two are married?" John said, "Yes, almost 4 years now." They said, "You're dressed so differently." John said, "I'm a teacher." Then they said, "What is she, a doctor?" They had a good laugh with that. I snapped back, "I could be." They don't know me. They don't know anything about me. I've always thought the Goth attire gets attention, and now that I think of it, probably negative attention. If I was quicker I would have said, "Yes, I am a doctor, how did you know?" or "What are you, a dumbass?" Judgemental Assholes. (Do the clothes make the person angry, or does the angry person wear the clothes?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home