happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Price of Tea in China

I really can't believe how much things cost sometimes. I really really can't believe people are willing to pay so much for some things. Take for example the Fred Bird Garage Sale they had over the weekend. $300 for a base? $50 for a seat back? The most unsettling thing was all the people walking around with bases and seat backs. What exactly do you do with the back of a seat? Nothing! The seat back was the only thing we could afford, thank God John didn't really want one. A sign to the bathroom cost $400, a leather directors type chair was like $1200. Those athletes should be ashamed of themselves, ripping off their fans like that. I didn't really want to go, because I love Busch Stadium so much. I told John it was like killing one of my friends and then disecting her and selling her organs. He told me the money went to charity, but on the news they said it went to pay for the new stadium. What crap.

Tuesday night Amanda and I went to a jewelry show. I didn't know what to expect, but it peaked my interest. Plus they said they'd have free champagne. This is a whole other league of money spenders. One black pearl necklace with pearls the size of marbles was $25,000. I guess?

The most frustrating thing that was overpriced was our beer at the Cheesecake Factory. They charged us $4 for a bottle of Bud Light. Seriously? This is St. Louis. It's a Bud Light. Incredible.

Makes me wonder if we should raise the prices of our wines.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean. I was so excited to turn 21 and be able to drink in a bar, but due to only having the funds of a student it is not possible most of the time. Unless it's some crazy drink special. It may be more fun to go out, but why pay $3 for a beer when you can just sit at home and have a 6 pack for $5

    -Sally

     
  • At 8:26 PM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There ya go....Think you could get a cool 5k per bottle of vino? I think you should try it...Ya never know...
    Choo-Choo

     
  • At 7:46 PM, December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I couldn't agree with you more!!! What is more important - teachers salaries and education or atheletes and their crap for sale???!!! I loved the old stadium... As for Sally's comment she isn't exactly on a student's funds with her student charges and her credit card bills, but I love her anyway
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home