happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Where is the Love?

One of my main mottos in the last 5 years to to try to tell everyone I love that I love them, and also, to try to tell everyone I know to tell the people they love that they love them. Time is precious. Try to be sweet, try to have patience, try to not take people for granted. There is no fault in expressing love, some might feel the regret lies with not showing love. With my quick temper I know sometimes I fail miserably at showing love.

One of my best friends' mom has had two strokes, and I can't stop thinking about her and her mom. I wish I could take this painful experience away from her somehow. On the phone last night I think she was doing better than me.

I loved my mom very much, and she knew I loved her. We didn't say it everyday, but we did say it every once in a while. Sometimes, though, I am haunted by the mean things I said, and the fact that we didn't have a better mother daughter relationship. I wish now that I had been nicer.

Without sounding too sappy, the message of the day is to spread the love. I know I have some conversations of my own that I need to have to try to smooth over hurt feelings. I have a pretty good feeling you have someone you love that you haven't told them often enough. So stop reading and start talking.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home