happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blast From the Past

Those crazy Germans.....ahhhh......anyway.





I received an email last week from this guy wanting the winery to ship wine to him overseas. I haven't talked to him since he randomly called when we lived in Soulard. He said I was similar to his new wife because we were both left handed. I didn't even have the energy to correct him. He obviously never learned in four years which hand I favor. Bygones. He sent his website address, so I sent him the link to this blog, it's practically one big love letter to all of you about my husband, and I see no reason why he shouldn't see that. I sent him back an email from the winery, and he hasn't replied yet, so either he thought the winery has grown so much in size since he was last there that he didn't think I open all the emails, or it got lost in his junk mail box. Really, who can blame him for getting a hankering for some good Sainte Genevieve Winery wine?

When I look at the pictures on his website, I can't help think about something he used to always say to me. He used to say that he and his brothers were all big, fat, hairy, babies, which really never made me want to have his baby. He used to chant, "big, fat, hairy babies!" Although I realize if he does decide to read this, he probably won't want any wine anymore, because that's not the nicest memory of him, but after looking at his pictures, looks like his chant came through for him. He always had a pretty good sense of humor so hopefully he'll take my truthful memory with a grain of salt. Sometimes it's hard to joke over the internet, although Mike does it pretty well.

Now I have satisfied your curiosity about whatever happened to that guy?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home