happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This is a picture of our scribe, Pat, myself, Allen Jackson, and Dr. Fred Nury



I mentioned earlier that I went to California again last week. This trip was much quicker and much less enjoyable, mostly because of the airlines. They cancelled my flight, sent me to a different airport, lost my luggage, yatta yatta yatta. I did judge some nice wines, so I can't complain too much. The sweepstakes winner of the Pacific Rim International Wine Competition was J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon, 2004 from Paso Robles, and I am happy to tell you you can get this wine in the grocery store for ~$13. My panel consisted of a guy named Allen Jackson from Canada, and a retired professor from Fresno State, Fred Nury. I saw some old friends, had some nice food, tried not to be too annoyed by my luggage, or lack there of, barely left the hotel, and all in all happy to come back home.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home