happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Soapbox.



You know that part about having more time to blog? That only counts when your computer is working. We were plagued with pop-ups, but my wonderfully smart husband got rid of all of them for us. I'll never understand how he knows so much about computers.
So, here's an interesting shot of my belly. The one with the black top and scrubs was taken last weekend at 19 weeks. I decided to tuck the drawstring into the pants (for some unknown reason and now it looks like I have a hard on or something.) Hopefully I'll get better at the belly shots. The one with the blue top was taken at 15 weeks. I swear I feel much more different than these pictures are giving me credit for. I strangely feel like I don't know how I'm going to gain more weight. When I look down, I look huge. I was blessed with the body type of flat belly and fat ass, so even when I gain weight, I have never really had the "pot." It's so strange. I had a hard time painting my toenails today. I can't imagine getting bigger. Is that possible? Is that natural? (I know, I know, 'yes,' and 'yes.') Ug.
I haven't had any major things to complain about though, so far anyway. A few days of nausea at the very beginning, a few nights of lost sleep trying to figure out how the hell I'm only supposed to sleep on my left (or occassionaly right) side. I've felt dizzy and light headed a couple times and I've gained ~ 10 pounds. No crazy hairs sticking out or dark line coming from my belly button. Successfully pulling off the anti Pregnant Prima Donna Routine that I hate other women so much for. "I can't eat that, I don't feel good, I get special treatment" bullshit. I just want to tell them all to "Shut Up." You're pregnant, not sick. I have very little patience or sympathy for people with tiny health problems. I think it stems from being around mom when she didn't feel good. I think she probably took it to extreme on the other side of things, she never complained about being sick, she trudged on. She hid her pain so well, that when she finally did feel really bad, we didn't believe it and were in denial. Looking back on that time now, we should have given her a lot more breaks, or been more grateful for her stamina and perserverance and will to not want to seem sick or weak. I have definently inherited that mindframe from her. If my mom can not complain when she has cancer, I think Pregnant Prima Donnas should not complain either, therefore, eventually not existing at all.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, August 09, 2007, Blogger Natalie said…

    Don't worry, that belly will be HUGE, along with everything else. :) I've been there - 3 times!
    My advice for you is to not "eat for two" or it will be a lot harder to take it off. And take care of your skin, that you will always have - drink lots of water.
    -Natalie (Texas)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you haven't gotten a body pillow yet, you need to try one--it helps with sleeping on your side and finding a comfortable position later on when you're really big.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, August 09, 2007, Blogger happylaney said…

    Natalie, I got the water thing down pat, the eating for two thing not so much. While John is gone tonight I ordered $30 worth of deliverable Chinese food. I will have to say I barely put a dent in it, I was just so hungry when I was ordering, I wanted a taste of everything.

    Cori, (I know this is your comment, trying to be all sneaky and anonymous) I have the body pillow, not quite sure what to do with it. Everytime I switch from the left to the right side, I lug the pillow with me and inevitably hit John with it. What I think we need is a bigger bed. John, pregnant me, body pillow all do not fit in a full size bed. I used to insist we didn't need a bigger bed when someone would ask, saying that we like to cuddle, and we do still like to cuddle, I just think we could cuddle in a bigger bed too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home